The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at our school:
- Mrs Wendy Edwards is the Head Teacher
- is our designated SEN Governor
- Mrs Russell is our designated Special Educational Needs Coordinator.
It is the SENCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
- Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEN
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEN
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEN pupils up to date
- Work with the head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements by phoning the school on 0191 370 0181 or sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the school to arrange an appointment with Mrs Russell (SENCO at Beamish) if you require additional help or support.