In the Summer holidays of 2019 we completed work in our Early Years unit to extend our offer and provide for our 2 year old children. We have worked really hard to create a beautiful environment for our youngest learners. We are fortunate enough to see first hand the benefits to the children who attend our 2 year old provision.
We currently offer spaces for 2 year olds on both morning and afternoon sessions. These are for 2 year old’s who are eligible for the government funded 2 year old play and learn sessions. We offer paid childcare sessions for children who are not eligible for a government funded place. These sessions are charged at £12 and can be flexible to meet the needs of children and their families.
Nursery sessions are 3 hours long. Morning sessions are 8.30am- 11.30am and afternoon sessions are 12.00pm-3.00pm.
Although we will try our best to accommodate the sessions you require, our places are on a first come first serve basis and therefore we may only be able to offer sessions in which there are spaces.
If you think that you may be eligible for a funded place there are a number of ways to check. You are able to call in to the school office to collect a ‘free play and learn for 2 year old’s’ form and apply to the Local Authority. It is also possible to find out more information on Durham Families Information Service. This link also enables you to check your eligibility online.
You may receive a ‘Golden Ticket’ along with a letter from the Local Authority, this entitles your child to their FREE 15 hour place. Please bring your golden ticket to nursery and we can arrange some visit sessions, prior to your child starting nursery.
Children who are eligible for these sessions are able to take the 15 hour free entitlement across morning, afternoons or 2.5 full day sessions.
If you are interested in a nursery place for your child please come down to the nursery for a look around or ring us on 0191 370 0181
Two -year -old progress check
- All 2 year old children who attend our setting will have a developmental check between their second and third birthday. It will happen jointly with parents/carers, the child’s key person and their health visitor.
- The check helps the child’s key person to focus on the child’s progress. It will also help parents/carers with ideas to keep chatting, playing and reading with their child at home.
- Parents/Carers will receive a written summary about how their child is learning and developing.
Top 25 activities for our 2 year old children:
Here are our top twenty five experiences which children have during their time with us at Beamish EY’s:
- Mud walking and footprint making
- Go camping …make a den
- Wear a cape (super hero style)
- Fly a paper aeroplane
- Spread your bread with a tasty topper
- Feel sand beneath your toes
- Waterproofs on and dance in the rain
- Go for welly walks and run wild (with hot chocolate in the woods)
- Something special about boxes
- Something special about splashing and puddles
- Jump into a ball pool
- Echo echo echo … Who has the loudest yell (over in the forest)
- Fly a flag
- Climb a mountain (the slide)
- Blow a dandelion clock
- Sail a boat
- Thigh high in long grass
- Feel falling snow on your tongue
- run through crisp autumn leaves
- scoop up and throw autumn leaves in the air
- Smell a rose
- Hide and seek with the dinosaurs
- Spread paint on your hands and feet
- Hose pipe and paddling pool fun
- Dance to music