The children in our school are expected to wear a uniform.
This enables everyone to have the same standard of dress and shows equality throughout the school. The uniform includes:
- Blue sweatshirt or cardigan
- Blue or white polo shirt
- Grey/black trousers/dress shorts/skirt/pinafore
- Blue gingham dress can be worn in the summer months
Cardigans, sweatshirts, polo shirts and white PE t-shirt are available with the school logo, along with fleeces and coats, and can be purchased from the school. Cheaper versions without the logo are available from supermarkets and high street stores. It is important that all items of clothing are clearly named.
Shoes should be sensible, sturdy and safe for school. Many types of footwear (especially girls’ fashion shoes with high heels) are a source of potential accidents in school, especially in a playground situation. Trainers can easily result in wet feet after playing on a wet playground surface and can prove to be rather hot and uncomfortable
Hair and Jewellery
Long hair should be tied back. Dyed hair, or ‘crop circle’ style or patterns shaved into the hair are not considered appropriate for a primary school setting. Children are not allowed to wear and jewellery including earrings in school.
For hygiene reasons, the children are expected to change for Physical Education activities. For indoor PE, such as gymnastics and dance, children wear:
- A plain white T shirt or one with the school logo black shorts.
- black plimsolls (KS1) or bare feet (KS2)
For outdoor activities the children should wear:
- A plain white PE T shirt or one with the school logo black shorts or black track suit bottoms black plimsolls (KS1) or trainers (KS2)
PE kit should be kept in a draw string PE bag and may be left in school for each half term.