At Beamish Primary School we view sport as a vital part of our provision and we are pleased to announce we have once again achieved accreditation of the Sainsburys School Sport Kite Mark bronze award for 2018-19.
We try to make the most of all opportunities.
- All pupils receive high level sport opportunities from a range of coaches and teachers in a diverse range of activities.
- All pupils develop a love of sport which they enjoy and excel in.
- Gifted and talented pupils are recognised and supported in being challenged.
- Everyone is educated and enthused to develop a healthy lifestyle.
- The school community develop a sporting attitude and appreciate winning, losing and simply participating.
- Opportunity is given to access examples of inspirational sporting performers in a variety of areas.
Pupils have two hours of PE timetabled per week through which we develop core skills to enable children to become well rounded sportsmen and women as set out in the new curriculum. Children are given the opportunity to swim in KS2 and we aim for all pupils leaving school to be able to swim at least 25m.
All pupils take part in a range of tournaments and sports festivals both within school between year groups (intra-competitions) and with other schools (inter-competitions).